McCoy Tyner - Prelude and Sonata 1995
Personnel
McCoy Tyner (Piano)
Joshua Redman (Tenor Saxophone)
Christian McBride (Bass)
Antonio Hart (Alto Saxophone)
Marvin "Smitty" Smith (Drums)
Track Listing
1. Prelude In E Minor Op. 28, No. 4
2. Loss Of Love
3. Contemplation
4. For All We Know
5. I Will Wait For You
6. Soul Eyes
7. Smile
8. Good Morning Heartache
9. Piano Sonata No. 8 In C Minor
In Prelude and Sonata, Tyner (as usual) creates a masterpiece. Several tracks feature Joshua Redman, who is incredible on this albumn. Every single song is one you'll want to hear again. This is Tyner at his best, and for any fan of McCoy Tyner's, this albumn is a must have. It's amazing that Tyner can continue to pump out these incredible albumns, but that just shows his skill. The first track, Prelude in E minor, starts off the albumn with Joshua Redman's incredible playing in a beautiful song. The albumn then goes through several of Tyner's old classics before ending on Piano Sonata No. 8 in C minor, which is just as awesome as the the first prelude and has an unbelivable solo by Tyner.


4 comments:
https://1fichier.com/?hhox2c4xst
BIG THX!...
Many, many thanks, Xanturios !
What a genius pianist!!! I still keep his LP's... AMAZING... I got involved with his playing and shortly afterwards branched into Tete Montoliu. This was back in the 80's. I didn't know that he passed away in 1997. Such a fantastic blog, man!!!
Post a Comment